One Million Degrees (OMD) Scholarship Program
The One Million Degrees (OMD) Scholarship program is now recruiting for our 2016-17 cohort. OMD is a unique scholarship program that is designed to help low income community college students succeed both academically and professionally. We’ll be entering our third year of the program this Fall and are hoping to recruit 80 new students. Harper College OMD students have experienced great success so far with higher GPAs and greater retention rates then the general Harper student.
Benefits of One Million Degrees
• Financial: Last-dollar-scholarships (which means students pay nothing in tuition), stipends of up to $750/year, and up to $250 in enrichment grants
• Academic: Free one-to-one tutoring and transfer supports for students interested in transferring to a four-year university
• Professional: Workshops to build community among scholars and develop professional, financial, and leadership skills
• Personal: OMD Scholars are matched with an OMD staff member and a volunteer professional. These individuals serve as accountability partners and coaches to ensure scholars are on track to graduate and meet their academic, professional and personal goals.
Eligibility for One Million Degrees
• Eligible for Pell Grant
• Enroll full time in pursuit of an Associate’s Degree
• 2.0 GPA in last semester of study
The application deadline is May 15, 2016. Students should submit their high school transcripts to Harper College and complete the online application for One Million Degrees.
For more information, please visit the One Million Degrees webpage (http://goforward.harpercollege.edu/registration/financialaid/scholarships/one_million.php – Copy and paste this web address into a browser window) or contact Kris Hoffhines, Director of One Million Degrees, at 847.925.6522.